The Christmas Shoebox Appeal asks that you help make Christmas special for those animals in rescues by filling up a shoe box with animal related products which you can donate to a rescue centre like us.
Here at Holly Hedge, we are particularly in need of toys for the cats and dogs, as they really help with training and socialisation, which ultimately helps us rehome them.
Here’s a handy list of things you could include:
- Chew Toys of all sizes and durability.
- Non Xylitol Peanut Butter.
- Primula Cream Cheese spread in Tubes.
- Hot Dog Sausages in jars or tins.
- Small training treats.
- Natural treats such as pigs ears, antler bars, dried fish chew. No rawhide though please.
- Wet Dog Food – We would prefer loaf or jelly please (no gravy) and our preferred brands are Butchers, Winalot and Pedigree.
- Wet Cat/Kitten Food – We would prefer jelly please (no gravy) and our preferred brands are Whiskas, Felix, Applaws, Natures Diet.
- Dry Cat/Kitten Food – Hypoallergenic or Grain Free only please, that does not contain any colourings, such as James Wellbeloved/ Royal Canin/Harringtons/Wainwrights/Lily’s Kitchen/Applaws.
- Cat Treats including Dreamies and Lick-e-Lix.
- Cat toys and games and kickaroos.
- Furminator combs and brushes.
- Enrichment feeders for cats and dogs.
We would prefer not to receive rawhide treats or toys with eyes that come out and no Dry Dog food please.
We have lots to inspire you in our Amazon wish list.
Once filled, please mark as CAT or DOG and drop the box directly to the sanctuary or one of our charity shops or one of our drop off points at any time in December but before Christmas Day. If you would like to help us with this appeal, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and mark it FAO SHOEBOX APPEAL
Maybe you could get your school or work place involved, and ask friends and colleagues to join in too! Let us know if you would like any posters or other Holly Hedge materials to help you with this appeal.
Drop Off Points (more to be confirmed):
|Barrow Gurney:||Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary, Wild Country Lane, Barrow Gurney, BS48 3SE|
|Marshfield:||Marshfield Farm Ice-Cream, Marshfield, Nr Bath, SN14 8LE|
|Nailsea:||Holly Hedge Charity Shop, 87/89 High Street, Nailsea, BS48 1AW|
|Nailsea:||Gadget Lounge and Nailsea Cycles, 3 Clevedon Road|
|Clevedon:||Specsavers, 7 The Triangle, Clevedon, BS21 6NB|
|W-S-M:||Holly Hedge Pop Up Shop, The Market Place, 22-26 St. James St, W-S-M, BS23 1ST|