May 8 @ 7:30 pm – 11:30 pm
Taking place in the glorious Clevedon Community Centre with it’s vaulted dance floor and more Blitz spirit than Churchill’s bunker, this night will recreate the post wartime celebrations and glamour of 1940’s Bristol. All of you fabulous victory curled ladies and uniformed soldiers can expect a wonderful night of live music from The Thornbury Swing Band, and other 40’s-style revelry.
The Thornbury Swing Band will perform a repertoire of 40’s classics and swing dance favourites, the perfect soundtrack for all you land girls and home guards to keep dancing all night long.
The bar will be open until 23.00, and the vintage kitchen will keep you topped up with tea and cake and those extra rations should you need them throughout the night too.
Those wishing to hone their swing steps can join the pre-party dance class by pre-booking when you buy your tickets. This will be led by professional swing dancers to help get you up and moving for the rest of the night!
- More music and dancing this year and less chat.
- Buying a ticket beforehand ensures you get your very own bag of rations. Tickets are £12 each when bought in advance.
- 1940’s attire is welcomed, though not compulsory.
- Bar serving all the usual.
- Listen to the big band sounds of the Thornbury Swing Band and dance the night away
- FREE Basic swing dance lesson starting at 6.30pm. PRE-BOOKING ESSENTIAL.
- Hair and/or make-up available for men & women at £5. PRE-BOOKING ESSENTIAL.
- Fun & games to take part in.
- Tea, coffee and cake available to purchase from the Vintage Kitchen.
- Look out for wartime propaganda characters including Spivs who shall be selling their wares including special chocolate rations and vintage items.
- Raffle with some wonderful hamper prizes & tombola.
- Short 1940s fashion show.
- Normandy Veterans in attendance.
All proceeds will go towards Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary.