Receiving a shoebox brings so much joy
Filled with treats, toys, and love
Plus a box to destroy!
(We all know those dogs who can’t resist shredding)
This Christmas we are asking our supporters to fill a festive shoebox with gifts for our animals. Your shoebox can contain as much or as little as you wish, as long as the gifts are suitable for dogs or cats.
We ask that each box is specific for either a dog or a cat and that once your box is ready, you simply label CAT or DOG (depending on the contents) and drop it off at the Sanctuary, our charity shop, or any of our drop off locations before Christmas Eve.
Christmas is a challenging time for us.
Your generosity, love, and support will help bring that festive feeling, food, and comfort to our animals without a family of their own this Christmas time.
If you are not sure what to include in your box, here’s a handy list of things that would be appreciated by our animals.
- Chew Toys of all sizes and durability
- Cuddly toys (with no plastic or removable parts)
- Primula Cream Cheese spread in Tubes
- Small training treats
- Natural treats such as pigs’ ears, antler bars, dried fish chews.
- No rawhide please.
- Enrichment feeders
- Wet Dog Food – We would prefer loaf or jelly please (no gravy) and our preferred brands are Natures Diet, James Wellbeloved, Butchers and Winalot
- Forthglade wet food
- Biodegradable poo bags
- Cat Treats including Dreamies and Lick-e-Lix
- Cat toys
- Cat games
- Furminator combs and brushes
- Enrichment feeders
- Scratching mats or posts
- Wet Cat/Kitten Food – We would prefer jelly please (and our preferred brands are Whiskas, Felix, Applaws, Natures Diet)
- Dry Cat/Kitten Food Hypoallergenic or Grain-Free only please, that do not contain any colourings, such as James Wellbeloved/ Royal Canin/Harringtons/Wainwrights/Lily’s Kitchen/Applaws
We would prefer not to receive rawhide treats or toys with eyes that come out and no dry Dog food, please.
We have lots to inspire you over on our Amazon wish list.
If you would like to help us with this appeal, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include FAO SHOEBOX APPEAL in the subject line.
Maybe you could get your school or workplace involved, and ask friends and colleagues to join in too!
Let us know if you would like any posters or other Holly Hedge materials to help you with this appeal.
Drop Off Points (more to be confirmed):
Click here to see the drop off points displayed on Google maps.
- Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary, Wild Country Lane, Barrow Gurney, Bristol BS48 3SE
- Holly Hedge Charity Shop, 87-89 High Street, Nailsea, Bristol BS48 1AW
- Linhams Estate Agents, 24b Woodborough Road, Winscombe, North Somerset BS25 1AD
- PetMania, Unit 8, Worle Industrial Estate, Coker Road, Worle, Weston-super-Mare BS22 6BX
- Lime Landscaping Supplies, Jarretts Garden Centre, Bath Road, Willsbridge, Bristol BS30 6EE
- Totterdown Gym, Wells Rd, Totterdown, Bristol BS4 2BS
- Chew Valley PetHub, Glebe House, Harford Square, Chew Magna, Bristol BS408RA
- Pet Angels, Ivy House Farm Business Centre, Wolvershill Road, Banwell BS29 6LB
- Tout’s, A38 Bypass, Langford, Bristol BS40 5JG
- Tout’s, Bristol Road, Nailsea, Bristol BS48 1BN
- County Contractors, 105 – 107 High Street, Worle, Weston Super Mare BS22 6HA
- Shield and Dagger, East Dundry Road, Whitchurch, Bristol BS14 0LN
- Dick’s Climbing, Brunel Rooms, Straight Street, Bristol BS2 0FQ
- Blossom Co Floral Design, 8 Boyces Avenue, Clifton, Bristol BS8 4AA
- Haywood Hair Studio, Unit 4 Whitney Crescent, Weston super mare Bs24 8ES
- AJs Classy Canines, 38 Woodborough Road, Winscombe BS25 1AG
- The Star Inn, 13 Bank Place, Pill, Bristol BS20 OAQ
- Boatfolk, Portishead Marina, Newfoundland Way, Portishead, Bristol BS20 7DF
- Vale Vets, 1 Beach Road West, Portishead, Bristol BS20 7HR
- Imperial Sports, 511 Wells Road, Bristol BS14 9AL
- The Chocolate Quarter Retirement Village, Trajectus Way, Keynsham, Bristol BS31 2GJ
- Greens of Mendip Pet & Country Store, Rookery Farm, Unit 1, Binegar, Radstock BA3 4UL
- John Harvey Arms, Goodwin Drive, Bristol BS14 0DP
- Studio 1 Two One, 121 Stoke Lane, Westbury on Trym, Bristol BS9 3RW
- Cirrus Vape Shop Ltd, 13 New Street, Honiton EX14 1HA
- The Willy Wicket, Wick Wick Close, Emersons Green, Bristol BS36 1DP
- Walnut Grove Clinic, Slade Rd, Portishead, Bristol BS20 6BB
- Bristol Physio, 26A Oakfield Rd, Clifton, Bristol BS8 2AT
- Multipanel, 1603 Carnival Way, Bridgwater Gateway, Bridgwater, TA6 6GY
- Urban Styling, Stonebridge House, East Clevedon Triangle, Clevedon BS21 6BQ
- South West Upholstery Limited, Unit 7, Novers Hill Trading Estate, Novers Hill, Bristol BS3 5QY
- Brunelcare Waverley Gardens Extra Care Housing, Queen’s Rd, Bishopsworth, Bristol BS13 8EL
- Ring O Bells, Henfield Road, Coalpit Heath, Bristol, BS36 2TG
- Create Hairdressing, 59 Shirehampton Road, Stoke Bishop, Bristol, BS9 2DW
- HairTree, 3a High Street, Winford, Bristol BS40 8EH
- Precious Paws Petcare by Kirsty, 35 Kendal Road, Horfield, Bristol, BS7 0DU
- LOCAL PAGES, 1 Upton Road, Southville, Bristol, BS3 1LW (Between the hours of 9am and 1pm only)
- Co-Op, 100 Holloway Road, Stockwood, Bristol, BS14 8PG
- The Mutty Professor, 122 West Street, Bedminster, Bristol, BS3 3LT
- Don Gays Florists, The Parade, 2-3 Hengrove Lane, Hengrove, Bristol BS14 9DB
- Competent Canines training venue: Oldland Community & Youth Building, Oldland Common BS30 9TL DATE: SUNDAY 28th NOVEMBER TIME: BETWEEN 11am – 11.30am