We are a small friendly and passionate team who are all devoted to the mission of the Sanctuary. Our staff love working at the Sanctuary so much that we rarely have vacancies to advertise, but from time to time there are situations vacant, these will be advertised below.
As a small independent Sanctuary we rely heavily on the support of a network of incredible volunteers who are a true part of the Holly Hedge Family. If you’d like to read more about our available volunteer opportunities please click here.
Job Description – Charity Fundraiser
Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary is looking for an experienced, highly driven fundraiser with a passion for animal welfare to plan, implement and develop fundraising through a variety of income streams to include Events, Corporates, Individuals and the Community as well as promoting existing projects. As the numbers of animals needing our help has increased dramatically, we must ensure that we are able to raise vital funds for the long term sustainability of the charity.
Responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Build on Holly Hedge’s existing community and events fundraising programme.
- Develop corporate fundraising.
Develop sponsorship packages centered around the animals in our care.
- Request corporate support through donations and match giving.
- Approach individuals, schools, universities, local authorities and commercial organisations for sponsorship and donations. This list is not exhaustive.
- Expand the marketing for legacies to secure legacy income.
- Monitor and market our PawPals monthly giving scheme.
- Develop a network of volunteers to assist in community fundraising.
- Launch appeals throughout the year to highlight the work we do and to raise specific funds for emergency medical bills, infrastructure and other necessary funding.
- Assist in the running and maintenance of our website.
- Produce annual newsletters and monthly E-newsletters.
- Conduct fundraising meetings with volunteers.
- Research trusts willing to donate to animal rescue charities.
- link with charity challenge organisers to offer out of house events.
- Set up internal systems and reporting.
- Promote and market legacies and In Memoriam giving.
- Set up database fields for relationship management and reporting.
- Download donation reports & communicate to Trustees.
- Monitor and develop use of sites such as Easy Fundraising, Give As You Live etc.
- Arrange and give tours to major benefactors and corporate clients.
- Manage corporate away days.
Being such a varied role, time management will be key. Applicants will be expected to have a passion for Holly Hedge, to be able to promote and advertise the need for the Sanctuary in the community and liaise with businesses, corporates and individuals. It is essential that any candidate is confident at pitching, recruiting volunteers and public speaking. Candidates should also be IT literate, have good administrative skills, be resourceful, think creatively and be effective at problem solving.
Essentially candidates should have a qualification in Sales and Marketing, Fundraising and Events and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience, ideally working within the animal charity sector. Salary £22 – £25,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
Please send CV with a covering letter to include any additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application: 29th April 2022