We are a small friendly and passionate team who are all devoted to the mission of the Sanctuary. Our staff love working at the Sanctuary so much that we rarely have vacancies to advertise, but from time to time there are situations vacant, these will be advertised below.
Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary is looking for an experienced, highly driven fundraiser with a passion for animal welfare to plan, implement and develop fundraising through a variety of income streams to include Events, Corporates, Individuals and the Community as well as promoting existing projects. As the numbers of animals needing our help has increased dramatically, we must ensure that we are able to raise vital funds for the long term sustainability of the charity.
Responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Build on Holly Hedge’s existing community and events fundraising programme.
- Develop corporate fundraising.
- Develop sponsorship packages centered around the animals in our care.
- Request corporate support through donations and match giving.
- Approach individuals, schools, universities, local authorities and commercial organisations for sponsorship and donations. This list is not exhaustive.
- Expand the marketing for legacies to secure legacy income.
- Monitor and market our PawPals monthly giving scheme.
- Develop a network of volunteers to assist in community fundraising.
- Launch appeals throughout the year to highlight the work we do and to raise specific funds for emergency medical bills, infrastructure and other necessary funding.
- Assist in the running and maintenance of our website.
- Produce annual newsletters and monthly E-newsletters.
- Conduct training workshops so that volunteers know what to say, what to do and what resources there are to support them.
- Research trusts willing to donate to animal rescue charities.
- Link with charity challenge organisers to offer out of house events.
- Set up internal systems and reporting.
- Promote and market legacies and In Memoriam giving.
- Set up database fields for relationship management and reporting.
- Ensure that all appropriate donors are offered Gift Aid.
- Create content and oversee the running of social media sites.
- Download donation reports & communicate these to Trustees for thanking donors.
- Monitor and develop use of sites such as Easy Fundraising, Give As You Live etc.
- Assist our eBay volunteer by identifying items for sale.
- Arrange and give tours to major benefactors and corporate clients.
- Manage corporate away days.
- Develop In Memory Giving, liaise with the bereaved family and offer them a tour so they can visit their plaque.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, be able to negotiate and be highly motivated in marketing and have a wide knowledge and understanding of the ethos of the Sanctuary.
Being such a varied role, time management will be key. Applicants will be expected to have a passion for Holly Hedge, to be able to promote and advertise the need for the Sanctuary in the community and liaise with businesses, corporates and individuals. It is essential that any candidate is confident at pitching, recruiting volunteers and public speaking. Candidates should also be IT literate, have good administrative skills, be resourceful, think creatively and be effective at problem solving.
Essentially candidates should have a qualification in Sales and Marketing, Fundraising and Events and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience, ideally working within the animal charity sector.
Please send CV with a covering letter to include any additional information to Pauline@hollyhedge.org.uk
Closing date for application: 31st August 2021
As a small independent Sanctuary we rely heavily on the support of a network of incredible volunteers who are a true part of the Holly Hedge Family. If you’d like to read more about our available volunteer opportunities please click here.