Our re-homing policies have been set, with the benefit of years of experience, to maximise the chances of the animals staying with their new owners for life.
Some of our rescues have been ill-treated and their lives are just beginning, others are sad to be apart from their owners and are broken hearted. They all need the security of loving homes where they can rebuild their lives and find happiness once more.
Each animal is different and therefore our adoption procedure can vary from animal to animal. The following steps can be used as a general guideline for our adoption procedure:
- The whole family needs to come in and visit the animals at the Sanctuary, please discuss any animal that you are interested in with a member of staff – it is very important to match the prospective owner to the right cat or dog to prevent the animal being unnecessarily returned.
- As we will require landlord’s permissions if you are renting, please get this before placing an interest to enable us to speed up the process of rehoming.
- All other animals in the home must be fully vaccinated and neutered, except when advised not to by a veterinarian.
- You will need to complete a ‘prospective adopter form’ with a member of our reception team.
- Once you and the Sanctuary have chosen a suitable animal a home check will be carried out.
- Subject to all the above being successful, you will be able to adopt the animal (usually within 48-72 hours after the home check).