On 15th December we’ll be singing carols at Cribbs Causeway to raise funds for our animals, and we’d love you to join us! Last year we raised £200 – enough to heat 3 kennels for a month! If you can carry a tune and have plenty of festive spirit (gusto is more important than skill!) and would like to join us for the morning or afternoon session please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Families very welcome.
Christmas jumpers and festive-wear encouraged!
A rehearsal prior to the event may take place.
- More music and dancing this year and less chat.
- Buying a ticket beforehand ensures you get your very own bag of rations. Tickets are £12 each when bought in advance.
- 1940’s attire is welcomed, though not compulsory.
- Bar serving all the usual.
- Listen to the big band sounds of the Thornbury Swing Band and dance the night away
- FREE Basic swing dance lesson starting at 6.30pm. PRE-BOOKING ESSENTIAL.
- Hair and/or make-up available for men & women at £5. PRE-BOOKING ESSENTIAL.
- Fun & games to take part in.
- Tea, coffee and cake available to purchase from the Vintage Kitchen.
- Look out for wartime propaganda characters including Spivs who shall be selling their wares including special chocolate rations and vintage items.
- Raffle with some wonderful hamper prizes & tombola.
- Short 1940s fashion show.
- Normandy Veterans in attendance.