Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary takes your privacy seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal information. This policy sets out how we use the information that you provide us with in order to help further our work in rescuing and rehoming dogs and cats.
Holly Hedge may update this policy from time to time. This policy is effective from 16th February 2021.
Who we are:
By Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary and our subsidiaries we mean:
- The Charity, Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary, Wild Country Lane, Barrow Gurney, Bristol BS48 3SE (registered charity number 294606).
- Holly Hedge Retail Ltd, Wild Country Lane, Barrow Gurney, Bristol BS48 3SE (registered company number 07365296), which is our trading arm, where 100% of profits go to the Charity.
Holly Hedge takes Data Protection seriously and we comply with the law. All forms and transactions on our website (www.hollyhedge.org.uk) meet with Data Protection requirements. We will ask your consent to send you future communications and by which method and we will review consent permissions every 5 years, but you can get in touch with us at any time to change your preferences or to opt out of all news, fundraising and events communications. You can contact Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary by phoning 01275 474719 or by emailing [email protected] or by writing to Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary at the address above.
What we collect:
Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary collects information from the public in a number of ways. For example, we ask for contact and other information when members of the public are looking to rehome a dog or cat, via our “Rehoming Form” or if they are looking to relinquish their dog or cat. The information collected includes name, address, contact details and preferences about the type of dog or cat you wish to rehome, and lifestyle questions to determine if you are a match. You can view all our forms by visiting Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary at the address above.
We will only use your name, contact details, date of birth and whether you were looking to rehome a dog or cat for marketing purposes if you agree for us to do so. We will not use any other information from this form for information about news, fundraising and events unless you have opted to do so. The rehoming team will stay in contact using the details collected to help you to find a dog or cat, or to keep in touch in regards to animal wellbeing and welfare as agreed as part of the rehoming process.
We also collect information if you attend one of our fundraising events (such as our Fun Day) or educational courses (such as behaviour talks and workshops). We will collect information relevant to the specific course or event.
If you are a supporter, member or volunteer of Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary
- Date of Birth – To make sure that that information we are sending (if we have consent to contact you) is suitable and appropriate. E.g. Raffle mailings will not be sent to under 18s.
- Event history – A record of events you have been invited to, attended or hosted. E.g. If you took part in a fundraising skydive or attended a first aid course.
- Communications history – To keep a record of communications between Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary and you. E.g. This might be a record of a thank you letter send for a donation or record of a letter you may have sent to us. It could also be a copy of your “Rehoming Form”.
- Donation history – A record of the donations you have given and the method that you gave them (and if you have signed a Gift Aid declaration).
- Membership – If you are a member of Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary
- Relationship – Who you have a relationship with, e.g. if a husband and wife are both on our database, we want to make sure we communicate with them as they choose. We may also store information if you are a volunteer, staff or any other specific group or if you work with us on a professional basis, the name of the company that you work for and your job title.
- Animal relationship – Information about a dog or cat that you have adopted from us, fostered, relinquished or had microchipped with us. If you have told us about other pets, we may also have this on record.
- Source information – Where your contact information has come from. E.g. if you adopted a dog or cat or if you took part in a fundraising event.
If you believe any of the information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. From time to time we may contact you to ensure that the information you have provided us with remains accurate and up to date. In some circumstances we may use external data lists to ensure the data we have is still accurate. To help us communicate the work we are doing and provide these services we use trusted service providers including fundraising agencies, electronic marketing agencies and direct mailing providers. This includes the mailing house that prints and sends our newsletter. Holly Hedge do not share, sell or swap your information with other organisations to use for their own marketing.
Like all organisations, we may comply with requests for the disclosure of personal information where this is required or permitted by law. This could include requests from law enforcement or tax agencies. In these circumstances, the request must be submitted in writing and in accordance with the relevant legal requirements. In some instances, we may carry out analysis of the personal information that you have provided to us and add publically available information to help us tailor our communications to you. This could include information on your interests, preferences, and the level of any potential donations to help us to improve our services and manage our contact with you in an appropriate way.
Contacting you about news, fundraising and events includes:
- Information and updates about new, current and previous dog and cat residents · News about those who are part of the Holly Hedge community, including staff, volunteers and supporters, and issues affecting the Centre.
- Issues and advice about animal welfare.
- Events in support of the Charity. These are usually a mix of educational and fundraising events.
- Fundraising campaigns and activities (including gifts in wills, lottery and raffles) · Promotion and advertising from Holly Hedge sponsors (within our own publications).
- Volunteer and paid job opportunities at Holly Hedge.
- News, information and promotions about Holly Hedge Retail, our trading arm, where all profits go to our Charity.
- We may contact you to ask for your contribution towards our communications or publically (such as our Just Giving appeals or for opportunities such as stories in the news or TV).
- Surveys to ask how we can improve our services and communication.
Changing your consent preferences
We will undertake a review of consent after 5 years, but you can update your consent preferences at any time. You can update by emailing [email protected] or you can write to us at the above address. You can request specific preferences not listed on our online form by contacting us via phone, email or post.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to the address above.
No further marketing contact
You can request to receive no further marketing from the Charity from all channels (mail, phone, SMS text, email) and we can keep this on record to ensure that your wish is upheld.
Tracking Data & Online Security Emails
Some emails that we send you have no tracking in at all e.g. service emails with invoices or receipts attached. Other emails we send we can track, at an individual level, whether the user has opened and clicked on the email. We do not use this information at a personal level, rather we use it to understand open and click rates on our emails to try and improve them. If you want to be sure that none of your email activity is tracked, then you should opt out of our emails which you can do via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email we send.
Cookies and Web Privacy
The Collection of information
Every time you visit our website, your IP (Internet Protocol) address registers on our servers. Your IP address reveals no information other than the number assigned to you. We do not use this technology to get any personal data against your knowledge or free will (for example automatically recording e-mail addresses of visitors). Nor do we use it for any purpose other than to help us monitor traffic on our website, or (in the case of criminal activity or misuse of our information) to cooperate with law enforcement.
We use a number of different cookies on our website. A cookie is a small file which may be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual by remembering small pieces of information about your preferences. If you want to know more about cookies, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit www.aboutcookies.org.uk for detailed information and guidance. Overall, cookies help us to provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. We use the following cookies on our website:
|tk_or||Analytics||5 years||This is a referral cookie used for analysing referrer behaviour.|
|tk_r3d||Analytics||3 days||Used for the internal metrics for user activities to improve user.|
|tk_lr||Analytics||1 year||This is a referral cookie used for analysing referrer behaviour.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||Necessary||1 hour||The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-non-necessary||Necessary||1 hour||The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies|
|JSESSIONID||Necessary||Session||General purpose platform session cookies that are used to maintain users’ state across page requests.|
|woocommerce_cart_hash||Necessary||Session||Helps WooCommerce determine when cart contents/data changes.|
|woocommerce_items_in_cart||Necessary||Session||Helps WooCommerce determine when cart contents/data changes.|
|wp_woocommerce_session_||Necessary||2 days||Contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer.|
|woocommerce_recently_viewed||Necessary||Session||Powers the Recent Viewed Products widget.|
|store_notice[notice id]||Necessary||Session||Allows customers to dismiss the Store Notice.|
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All of our payment processing is secure and is handled by different companies.
Payments and donations for bookings are handled by WorldPay. They will use the data they receive for payment processing only. View WorldPays’s user agreement to find out how they deal with privacy and security.
Payments and donations for online purchases and our PawPal direct debit scheme are handled by either Paypal or Go Cardless. They will use the data they receive for payment processing only. View their user agreements to find out how they deal with privacy and security. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.